Nephilim Croatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hrvatski forum posvećen serijalu Instrumentarij smrtnika.

Početna stranicaPortalPretraľnikLatest imagesRegistracijaLogin

Clockwork angel FAQ

Go down 
Autor/icaPoruka
Iva
Admin/Shadowhunter
Admin/Shadowhunter
Iva

Broj postova : 236
Godine : 36
Najdraža knjiga/e: : Harry Potter, The Host, TMI

Clockwork angel FAQ Empty
PostajNaslov: Clockwork angel FAQ   Clockwork angel FAQ Emptypet lis 15 2010, 17:58

Citat :
BELOW ARE SPOILERS. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ CLOCKWORK ANGEL.

2) Can we get the summary and release date for Clockwork Prince?

In Clockwork Prince, with Mortmain vanished and the clock counting down on how long Charlotte can keep control of the Institute away from Benedict Lightwood, Will, Jem and Tessa must dig into Mortmain's past to predict what he will do in the future, But secrets about Mortmain aren't all they find buried — Tessa begins to uncover the truth about her own birth, and the ghosts of Will's past return to haunt him. As Tessa grows closer to Jem, and Will is driven further toward the brink of madness by jealousy and guilt, will they discover the truth in time to halt the next phase of Mortmain's evil plan?

Clockwork Prince will be released September, 2011. (No, I have nothing more specific than that.) My full publication schedule, including all paperback and hardback releases, can be found here: http://cassandraclare.com/cms/faqs/publication-schedule

(These are English release dates. They should apply to the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ and South Africa. They do not apply to "open markets" like Singapore, India and the Phillippines where there are large English-speaking markets but they are not considered an "English market." If you live in one of those places you are better off asking a bookstore than asking me. I do not have other international release dates for Prince or Princess at this time.)

3) What about Clockwork Princess?

November/December, 2012.

There's not much in the way of a summary that wouldn't be a spoiler here. I'll say it's an action-filled adventure that takes Tessa and her companions all over the world as they race to stop the clockwork army before it's too late. As Jem's health worsens alarmingly and his friends search desperately for a cure, can Tessa choose between the two boys she loves — even if it means never seeing the other one again?

4) Are Will and Jace related?

Yes. Since I don't want to ruin this for people who haven't read the Mortal Instruments, I'll just say there is a fairly obvious piece of evidence that they are.

5) I thought Jace said female Shadowhunters weren't allowed to fight before the present day? But Charlotte fights.

That is not what Jace says in City of Bones. He says this: "There have always been women in the Clave—mastering the runes, creating weaponry, teaching the Killing Arts— only a few were warriors, ones with exceptional abilities. They had to fight to be trained. Maryse was a part of the first generation to be trained as a matter of course."

He in fact explicitly states that women have always been warriors, but that they had to insist on being trained rather than being required to do it. This is why Jessamine isn't trained; this is why there are many fewer women in the Enclave scene than men, and this is why there are many fewer (probably three among fifty) women in the vampire fight scene than men. There were women Shadowhunters who fought before the present day. They were simply fewer, and had to fight harder to get training and be accorded respect.

6) Will we ever find out what's up with Will's odd behavior? Why does he push Tessa away? Did he mean what he said on the roof?

It wouldn't be much of a book series if we didn't find out the answers to these questions! We writers, we delight in dropping hints and opening up mysteries in the first book/s of a series. However, I believe we also have a responsibility to the reader to pay those questions off before the series end. If you have a question about a certain character, you will almost certainly find out the answer by the end of the third book. This applies especially to Will who is almost all mystery.

7) Will we see Camille again?

Camille appears in City of Fallen Angels, as well as returning later in the ID books.

8 ) Who is Cecily?

She's a mystery woman, for the moment.

9) Will we learn more about Magnus.

Progressively, yes.

10) Is there such a thing as demon pox?

Will seems to think so!

11) I've read Clockwork Angel but not the Mortal Instruments. Will reading TMI ruin any of the Clockwork books for me?

No, it won't. http://cassandraclare.com/cms/simplified

12) In TMI Magnus Bane is gay. But in ID, he is straight. When did he "change teams"?

The problem here is in the question itself. Magnus wasn't gay in TMI. (Do you recall him ever saying he was?) Nor is he straight in ID. He is and has always been bisexual. In fact, in ID, he as good as says so. I have actually been really surprised at the number of times I've been asked if Alec "turned" Magnus gay; you don't "turn" people gay any more than you turn them short, and why does bisexuality never even come up as an option? Magnus' being bisexual takes nothing away from his relationship with Alec.

I tried to deal carefully with the expression of Magnus' sexuality in ID, not because Magnus would care but because Tessa would, with her sheltered upbringing, probably be confused by the idea of two men in a romantic relationship. (She'll get over that.) However, I thought there were some pretty clear pointers to Magnus' bisexuality. For one, he indicates that de Quincey "wants to be more than friends" but says he despises de Quincey so it won't happen. Not that he isn't interested in men. He just doesn't like de Quincey.

Secondly, in the very last scene of the book, from Magnus' point of view, he thinks "Magnus looked at the boy more closely. Will was beautiful; Magnus had been in love many times throughout the years, and normally beauty of any sort moved him, but Will’s never had." This is not the way straight guys think about other guys. The idea that Magnus had been in love many times and is susceptible to good looks, but not in Will's case — because of Will's personality — indicates that Magnus considers there to be nothing strange about evaluating Will as a possibly romantic prospect. In this case, the problem is that Will is annoying, not that Will is a boy.

Magnus= bi. Human sexuality = not that dichotomous.

13) Are you going to make a family tree connecting all the characters from The Infernal Devices to the ones in The Mortal Instruments?

Yes, but. I am not going to do it until after Clockwork Princess is out. Because while a family tree would be interesting, it would also be spoilery — there would be no way to do it without indicating who lives or dies, who gets married to who, who has children with who, etc, and so on.

14) Will we ever get a chance to read the Codex?

*mysterious smile*

15) I have heard Tessa appears in City of Glass. Where is that?

http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/faqs#Tessa

16) If Tessa is so long-lived as to appear in Glass, doesn't it mean that she will outlive Will/Jem/Gabriel/whoever she ends up with, thus rendering their relationship pointless?

Well, this is the sort of thing that comes up when you have mortal/immortal relationships on the table. I get asked it about Alec and Magnus too. Okay, now: Let us consider normal human relationships. Consider two people madly in love, they get married, stay happily married for fifty years, etc. Unless they both die in the same fiery airship explosion or expire by random chance at the same time in the nursing home, ONE OF THEM IS GOING TO DIE BEFORE THE OTHER ONE. Does that negate the entire half-century relationship they had?

Now, when it comes to books, "ending up together" means ending up together at the end of the book/series. We don't know what happens to characters after that. It is unlikely that Elizabeth and Darcy died at the exact same time. However, it doesn't matter because they're together at the end of the book with their life together ahead of them. That's what "ending up with" means, book-wise.

Also, "If Tessa's immortal and Jem and Will aren't" — makes a lot of assumptions about everyone's mortality or lack therof. There are two more books to go and much more to happen.

17) Is Camille, the vampire in CA, the same Camille mentioned by Raphael in City of Glass?

Yes.

18) Is the ruby pendant Camille wears the same one Isabelle owns in TMI?

Also yes.

19) Is Church in ID the same Church as in TMI or a different cat with the same name?

The same cat.

20) But how can he be the same cat? It defies the laws of science and physics that a feline creature could live that long! I demand an explanation!

So nobody minds werewolves or people being brought back from the dead but a long-lived cat is an issue? Smile The Church Jem rescues in CA is the same Church in TMI. Mrs. Dark was using him for a necromantic ritual to bring her sister back from the dead. She never completed the ritual. The residual magic rendered Church immortal and smarter than your usual cat.

21) Who is on the cover of Clockwork Angel?

Will. Jem will be on Clockwork Prince and Tessa on Clockwork Princess.

22) Since The Infernal Devices is a prequel series do I need to read it before I can read The Mortal Instruments?

Why would I publish Clockwork Angel in 2010 if you needed to read it before you could read City of Bones, a book that was published in 2007? It would be like releasing Star Wars and then telling everyone to stay away from theaters for twenty years until Attack of the Clones came out.

Just because something is a prequel does not mean you need to read it first!

You do not need to read Clockwork Angel to read The Mortal Instruments. You do not need to read the Mortal Instruments to read Clockwork Angel. They take place in the same world but are not dependent on each other. You can read either series or both or neither.

23) Will the Infernal Devices be translated into other languages?

So far the Infernal Devices is going to be published in France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Poland and Greece, and I expect more will roll along slowly.

The release date for Clockwork Angel in Spain is November, 2010. In Poland, in is October, 2010. In Germany, in is Jan/Feb, 2011. Those are all the foreign release dates I have.

24) If there were a Clockwork Angel movie, who would you want to play the characters?

In the spirit of fun I started up an Infernal Devices imaginary casting page:

http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/imaginary-casting-devices

but I need suggestions for most of the characters so I can make a page like this one:

http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/faqs/imaginary-casting

so any suggestions are appreciated!

25) Will Tessa end up with Will or Jem? What is her special power? What did the Magister mean when he said that he made her? Will we see Nate again? Will Jessamine embrace being a Shadowhunter? What is up with Henry and Charlotte's marriage? What the heck did Will do to Gabriel Lightwood's sister? Is there a cure for Jem's disease? And what the heck did Will want to ask Magnus at the end of the book?

None of these are questions I can answer, because the answers are all spoilers. I'm always surprised when people ask me questions like this, because I figure, you can't really expect an answer, no? I mean, they call them spoilers because they spoil the book for you, and writers are not in the habit of wanting to ruin the experience of reading for their readers. Even if you are the sort of person who wants to read the last page of a book first (evil sorts!) — not everyone is, and once these things are told, they are no longer possible to keep secret. I want you to have the optimal possible reading experience and that is in finding these answers out by reading the books.
[Vrh] Go down
http://iva222.deviantart.com

Clockwork angel FAQ
[Vrh] 
Stranica 1 / 1.